Graduation day is one of the most memorable days in a student's life, and the graduation cap and tassel are arguably the most important part of the ceremony. The tradition of moving the tassel from the right to the left side of the cap signifies the transition from student to graduate. But still unsure how to put a tassel on a graduation cap? At Tassel Depot, we provide a step-by-step guide on the best way to do it.
If you are reading this to learn how to put a tassel on a graduation cap then you will need the right materials to do so. Before we begin, let's gather the necessary supplies. You will need your graduation cap, your tassel, a thread, a needle, and a pair of scissors.
How to Put the Tassel on a Graduation Cap: Step-by-Step
- Begin by placing the graduation cap on a flat surface. Make sure the mortarboard is facing up.
- Take the tassel and locate the button at the top.
- Insert the thread through the eye of the needle and knot the end.
- Carefully insert the needle through the center of the button on the tassel.
- Bring the needle and thread through to the other side of the button, making sure the knot is on the back of the button.
- Hold the tassel in one hand and the cap in the other hand.
- Place the button of the tassel over the center of the cap, on the side where you want the tassel to hang.
- Hold the tassel button firmly against the cap with one hand, while using the other hand to bring the needle and thread through the top of the cap.
- Pull the needle and thread through to the other side of the cap.
- Tie a knot in the thread on the inside of the cap.
- Cut off any excess thread with the scissors.
- Finally, move the tassel to the opposite side of the cap, signifying your graduation.
Tips for Putting on Your Graduation Tassel
Here are some additional tips to keep in mind as you put on your graduation tassel:
- Make sure you attach the tassel to the correct side of the cap. In most cases, the tassel is initially worn on the right side of the cap and then moved to the left side during the graduation ceremony.
- Graduation tassels are usually color-coded based on the degree or level of education. Make sure you choose the correct color for your tassel.
- If you're having trouble attaching the tassel, ask a friend or family member for help. It's always better to have an extra set of hands.
Come Get Your Graduation Attire at Tassel Depot Today!
Knowing how to put a tassel on a graduation cap is a simple yet important part of the graduation ceremony. By following these easy steps, you can ensure that your tassel is properly attached and ready for the big day. We offer a variety of tassels in different colors and materials, including metallic tassels, rhinestone tassels, and satin tassels.
At Tassel Depot, we also offer a wide range of graduation products and accessories, including graduation caps and gowns, honor cords, stoles, and diploma covers. We also offer custom imprinting and embroidery services for graduation apparel and accessories, allowing you to add your school's logo or crest to your graduation gown or stole. Feel free to contact or call us today if you have any further questions about our products.